Monday, April 30, 2012

My weekend + a Birthday Freebie

This weekend flew by... but it was oh-so-fun! I stayed at work SUPER late on Friday night (9pm to be exact!) so that I wouldn't have to work this weekend. Turns out that if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have had time to get anything done. Saturday I woke up and went and got a dozen doughnuts from Southern Maid for free! Our school has a Teacher Easter Egg every year with awesome prizes (ranging from classroom goodies to coupons at local restaurants/businesses). They were yummy to say the least. My favorite doughnut is the creme-filled ones. Can we say De-lic-ious?!?

After I woke the boyfriend up to a dozen yummy doughnuts, I went to a students tumbling meet! It started at 1:30. I didn't leave there until 6ish. She performed in tramp, tumble-track, and running.... 3 competitions. I don't know much about tumbling, but I know that she did amazing. She placed 1st in all three competitions. So go E!

What made it great for me is that she was so excited that I was there. She kept introducing me to her friends and coming to sit with me and talk with me. I love this girl to death. She is a great student, good-hearted, and her family is great too.

I was sitting there on the bleachers and her mom came up to me and was telling me that she usually performs with the older kids because she's super good and advanced... which I totally believe... but that today she was performing with her kids her own age. I guess she was playing around because her coach told her "Ms. Cannon is going to make you mark a star if you don't behave." I guess this really confused her because she responded with "we're not at school... how is she going to do that?" Her mom said that she had a really confused look on her face. E came over to me later and I tried to play it out some more, but E just started laughing and told me that I was cray-cray!

My favorite part of this weekend however, was this little stinker right here.....


Isn't he the CUTEST one year old you have ever seen!? I love him with all of my heart. I sometimes wonder if I will ever be able to love my own kids this much, because I love him more than I've ever loved any other baby before. I guess we'll see eventually.

Anyways, about a week ago (April 20th to be exact) my baby turned 1 years old! It is crazy that he has already been around for 1 year.... and then there's the part of me that doesn't remember a time without his little smiling face.

He is super smart too! He was walking by 8 months. And he's talking up a storm! Okay... well he's saying tons of 2-syllable words! 3 of us were standing around when he handed his daddy something (which might I say he said "here" when giving the item to his daddy!) and his daddy said "Thank you" and 3 of us all thought we heard him say "your welcome!"

I loved celebrating his 1st birthday. He was such a fun little man to watch. Opening presents, walking/running and playing, trying to be a dare-devil and stand on top of his new 4-wheeler without using hands to hold himself up... but the most memorable part of it was watching him eat his cake! OMG! He's a mess. But a cute mess!

He got so dirty that his mom had to give him a bath in a sink at the building we were at. It was soo cute!

Ah! I just love this little kid (as you can probably tell from the picture over-load!)

If you read all the way down to this point- thank you! I included a little birthday freebie for you because you are all wonderful readers and don't hate me for posting personal posts! Its just something that you can attach to a birthday baggie, a pencil, or maybe even some bubbles.
Birthday Freebie

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!!