Monday, April 16, 2012

Barnyard Freebie

Okay... okay. So I know I promised you a recap of Saturday's blog meet up! But I can't find the little device that hooks up to my computer that reads my SD card. So I promise I will look even harder tonight to find it! (I didn't get home from my mom's until 8:30 last night, so I was gone ALL weekend long!)

But I do have some very exciting news to share with you! I was contacted Saturday night by Charity Preston the founder of the Classroom Freebies blog and Classroom Freebies Too blog, as well as a few others I believe! Well they accepted my application and want me to be a part of their blog Classroom Freebies Too! Ya'll I'm so humbled by this opportunity. I'm such a small blog and to be a part of something so big is awesome!

So this Friday we are going to a farm. So our classroom is going to be FARM Central this week! I've got all sorts of math centers and literacy centers that focus on skills we have been working on in our class but that have the background theme of farm life. Its so cute! I hope it will get the kiddos excited about our field trip this Friday! Some of them are not so excited because we took a field trip this fall to the farm. So everyday I hear the phrase "a farm? AGAIN!?" I tell them that its a different farm and there will be lots of new things. So I'm sure they will have a blast when we actually go on Friday!

Okay so because I am looking forward to going to the farm this Friday I have made a Barnyard Subtraction Freebie just for you! This is a 4 page pack that lets your kiddos practice their subtraction fluency skills by identifying and writing subtraction sentences.

It uses the common core standards:
    K.OA.1 Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds (i.e. claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
    K.OA.5 Fluently add and subtract within 5.

Just click on the picture to head over to my TPT site and grab this freebie!


I hope that you will find it useful! If you grab it I would love some comments! (Or you can rate it on TPT!)

K.OA.1. Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings1, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
K.OA.5. Fluently add and subtract within 5.

4 comments:

  1. Just downloaded the farm freebie...LOVE it! My kids really need to work on their subtraction skills and this will be perfect! Thank you so much!!
    Jen

    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! Thanks for sharing ;) What an honor- congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grabbing it! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Tangelia! We are introducing the number line with subtraction this week so this will be perfect! =)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!!