Friday, July 27, 2012

Prayers welcomed.

Hey everyone. Okay... so I don't know how to really even put this. I have typed 3 ways to get started... and it all sounds silly. So I will just put it out there. If you are a praying person, we need your prayers.

The boyfriends dad has been battling colon cancer for some time now. Right now he is going through chemo. I am assuming that he was actually on his way home from chemo yesterday when he ran out of gas. While trying to push his car some police officers stopped and helped him. They were pushing his car, he was steering. In the middle of steering, he suffered what we now know was a massive heart attack. The police stopped what they were doing and called the ambulance. In the ambulance, he went unresponsive two times and they had to use the paddles to bring him back. He has been in a medically induced coma since yesterday afternoon. Tonight they brought him out of the coma but he is still unresponsive. The boyfriend just got a phone call from his uncle saying that we need to be at the hospital at 9 in the morning to make a decision on rather or not to essentially "pull the plug" or not.

I can't imagine making this decision. I don't know what I would do. I know before my own father passed away this past September and I found out that he was "do not resuscitate" I was angry and sad at this decision... even though I knew that is what my father wanted.  So please just pray for guidance and reassurance. Please pray that whatever he chooses will not haunt him.


13 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your boyfriend. I could not imagine making that decision. You know you can call/text if you need someone to talk to.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm sorry you have to go through this right now!

    Praying for you and your boyfriend!!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't imagine battling the weight of that choice...I will pray as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unimaginable! Praying for you,your boyfriend, and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a praying person and I am so sorry! I will pray for you all............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you, your boyfriend and his dad in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's heavy

    praying for you and the whole family

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear that you are going through this. It's never easy - I had to make the decision for my father in January 2010.. praying for you & your boyfriend & all of the family.

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so so sorry-many prayers. I am thinking of all of you!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. (((((((((((HUGS)))))))) You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are in my prayers...It's a daunting decision for all involved..I am also dealing with my boyfriend's father having a malignant tumor on his brain stem :( *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!!