Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July Currently and Randomness

I feel like such a slacker. As Staci (Going Nutty) would say, I think I have PTT. But I feel so guilt about it. Like to the point that I woke up last night in a sweat after dreaming that someone told me that my blog had disappointed them because basically I haven't posted anything lately with real teachery substance. Now I know that this was just a dream, but if you do feel like this I am sorry. I have the Diving Into Common Core series planned, I just haven't done anything with it...

My personal life has just been so crazy this summer.... like you honestly wouldn't believe. I'm just praying that everything comes together and that things continue to stay calm for a while.

I do have a packet that I have been working on, but I can't get it to save in a PDF document correctly... which stinks! Because it is by far my best packet yet! I did get it saved in a locked word document, so no changes can be made besides from me. Do you think I would be safe to publish it in the locked word document? What do you think I should do!? It's over 150 pages. However, I could easily keep going and make it much larger? What do you think is TOO big?

I'll leave you tonight with my favorite thing from the beginning of the month.... Farley's Currently!


The fan is blowing and for the first time in what feels like forever, I am cold! I love it! It has been terribly hot this past week! In fact there was one day last week that the only place hotter than where I live was in the middle of the desert... and that was only by like 1degree! Lets just say 113degrees is H.O.T. HOT!

Loving... I am absolutely loving that I am about to go to bed. I have been watching my sister's son for the past couple of weeks... while her and her husband work... lets just say he is a handful. I want children, I really really do... but he is making me rethink that option. It has been said several times that he is "hitting his 'Terrible Two's' super early!" But he's a cutie... and when he smiles or lays his head on my chest, it makes it all worth it.

Okay... so one of the books that I was introduced to in college was Beautiful Blackbird by Ashley Bryan. I love this book! It is a great book to use when teaching adjectives... or teaching about how we are all equal no matter what we look like... or even for talking about illustrations (and then having students make their very own pictures using just construction paper)! I love it and I definitely recommend it as a read-a-loud for your classroom!

Okay ladies... and gent... that is all I have for you tonight! To all of my new followers, welcome! I can't believe that I am almost at 200 followers!

Remember... if you don't mind... let me know what you think/would do about my Alphabet Packet problem! I would be ever so greatful!

11 comments:

  1. I am very sleepy also! Good night! Farley's Rule of Three is pretty cool. Have a Happy 4th and good luck with the job search.
    Your blog is amazingly beautiful! Checking out TCBOTB first thing in the AM.

    Stop by sometime.
    http://haagendazsteachingblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks so much! I'm so glad that your stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure about your packet problem. But I do know that if the file gets too big, Tpt will not take it. My math freebie the other day was free-because it was too big and I had no clue how to compress it. I hope you get it worked out because I know that it will be fabulous. I am going to be writing about you tomorrow for my post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that I have to hit print, and then at the bottom of the box that pops up is a PDF button, when I click that it allows me to save as a PDF. Thanks for the reminder about The First Days of School, I totally forgot about that book, I need to drag it out and reread it.

    ✪ Miss W

    Miss W Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your currently! I am a new blogger and learning all the ropes to this.
    Sorry but I can't help you with the packet issue. I am not that good yet and I don't have a TpT account.
    Good Luch with the job search! I hope you find what you are looking for.

    Mrs Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through the July Currently! I peeked around and LOVE it! I have the same thing going on for the summer I have been extremely busy and haven't had much time to post! I am your newest follower!
    Cindy
    All Things Teachery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' the rule of 3...that's how I found ya! I have 4 children...it's worth all the "terrible stages"! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your currently. I am in the mood of making cookies, too. But it has been so hot here in Ohio that I don't even feel like eating. So, I'd better take advantage of that feeling cause it doesn't happen often!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I am one of your newest followers and I have nominated you for an award! Head on over to my blog to get your award and while your there please feel free to follow me too! I look forward to sharing ideas with you in the future! Have a great summer!
    Cindy
    Krazy Kindergarten Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I nominated you for an award!! Come to my blog to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog. I am your newest follower.
    Stop by sometime.
    I always reread First Days of School over the summer. It is a great book.
    :)
    Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!!