Saturday, May 5, 2012

Weekly update, Freebie, and Currently

The last few days have been long ones for me. It started on Wednesday when I was just too tired to go home from work, so I ended up staying at work with my head on the desk after I dropped my kids off at the bus. I was pitiful. I just didn't want to move. Obviously eventually I got up. Where did I go, you ask? Wal-Mart. Yea... it still baffles me too. If I was so tired that I put my head on my desk for like 30 minutes, then why didn't I just go home?? I have no answer for you. I guess I just realized that I had a few things I needed to get.

Then on Thursday we had Kindergarten Round-Up. This is a night that all parents of NEXT years kindergarten kids get to come with their new kindergarteners and check out the classrooms, ride the bus, and register. We had a really good showing. Over 100 kids, with 20 kids registered. So we know that one of us gets to keep our job. WooHoo! The office staff did do some math for us and if all 100 kids register then we will each have 14 kinders in our class. Wouldn't that be nice? Just 14 kids. It would definitely let us work one-on-one with our kids... which I think is a MUST in kindergarten. However, I doubt that we will just have 14 kids in our classes. With any luck, more and more kinders will show up... otherwise sadly there will be less kinder teachers next year in order for us to spread the kids a little thicker.

Then yesterday... well I still haven't made it home from work. Instead I drove 1 1/2 hours to see and spend time with my mom, sister, bil, and nephew. Sweet little boy has been sick with a 103 fever. We thought we were going to have to take him to the hospital. But thankfully it has gone down some. He's been pitiful all day long. While we (my sister and I watched him) I did lesson plans and worked on centers. Thanks to Graphics from the Pond I had everything I needed to quickly create 4 math centers for this week.

Here is one of my Literacy Centers. You will need to give the students magnifier glasses (my kinders love using these!) so that they can look in the doorway and see the CVC picture. They will write the letters of the CVC word in the windows of the house.  

CityCVCs
 Hope you like it.

So lastly I will leave you with my favorite thing (okay 2nd favorite thing... 1st is Payday!) from the beginning of the month! I present to you.... CURRENTLY



So tomorrow.... I will be heading home for the first time since Friday morning. I'm super excited to see the boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!!