Friday, August 12, 2011

Going Buggy.

W.O.W. What a day! I had a group of 6 today. All adorable. But... oh, oh, oh, (a Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten reference... get it??) today was R.O.U.G.H. rough. But its okay. I'm gonna look into a bag of tricks and find SOME way to make this group love kindergarten and still behave at the same time. Because I can't be having days like today. I will say though that I was super impressed with one of the students academic ability! This child knew all of their lower case letters and was able to write both their first AND last name. Now, that is IMPRESSIVE--especially for a four year old!! I'm looking forward to this year.  My students are adorable and they will LEARN to behave. Somehow. That is me being optimistic. I hope your first week went amazing as well... with little to no problems! My biggest problem was the ant infestation! Can you say gross??? I had kids screaming and a hollering... and honestly I was with them on this. My classroom theme may be ladybugs... but I don't want any real bugs in here. LOL. I'm now going to go drink my half full bottle of water.... because after today I need something refreshing!

Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. {hugs}! Sometimes, a smaller group is truly challenging--there isn't enough of a crowd to spread around the 'crazy', lol!

    Idea: try a call & response to gain attention. My school places great emphasis on southern manners. My C&A last year was, "Kindergarten!"/"Yes, ma'am!". If I sang my part, the class sang back to me. If I said it in a funny accent, they mimicked me. Etc. This always got their attention!

    Good luck! ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea. I will try this and see how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Chrissy commented reminds me of whole brain teaching.It is a management series. Try searching for videos on it on You tube. I have been fascinated by them and may try it this year. Let us know how it goes!
    Tessa
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tessa. I will definitely google that and see what I can find out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!!