Thursday, August 11, 2011

Classroom Tour

Let me start by apologizing. I am sorry I have been MIA lately. I've been working hard on my classroom, and then last Thursday school started. I can hardly believe the first week has already gone by. My kinder friends are absolutely ADORABLE! and SUPER smart! I'm looking forward to getting to know them over the course of the year. I'm about to head to bed to get some rest. Tomorrow is spirit day, which means BLUE JEANS and a T-SHIRT!!! YAY!! But before I go I wanted to leave you some pictures of my classroom. :) If you can't tell I LOVE LOVE LOVE ladybugs!
 This is the view looking AT my door. The "Look Who's Been Spotted" board is my board for good work! I love how it turned out.

 This is my writing center. I'm doing 8 centers (+me!) this year. So hopefully it will work out where there is only 2 children per center. (I have 22 students right now and climbing.)

This is my Popcorn Word board. I got the adorable letters from Teacher's Notebook for FREE! I can't remember who's store they were from though. If they were yours please let me know so that I can give you credit... and a BIG thank you!
 This is my calendar area. I love how it turned out. :)

 This is the view of my teacher center. I have all of my stuff (well most of it!) in the black rolling drawers and on top of the red cubbies that I will need for literacy centers. 
On top of the cubbies are stuffed ladybugs that I've gathered over the past 5 years (my sororities mascot was the ladybug and it inspired my LOVE of ladybugs!)

 This is my library. I got the black carpet at the Dollar General for 12 buckaroos. And the red pillows I got for FREE from the "Free. Take what you want" bucket in our school's copy room. I was wanting to make the cute crate seats, but I just haven't done it yet... and I'm beginning to think that will be a task that waits for next year.


This is my desk and storage area. The white bins hold manipulatives that the students will use for literacy/math centers.


I hope you enjoyed my classroom tour! I love it.... and I hope you do too!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Your classroom looks amazing! I can't believe you have one week in. Don't ya love jean day Fridays. TGIF~
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute classroom!! I still have a long way to go, but I have a week left. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I really love it! And yes. I'm super excited to be wearing jeans today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!!