Friday, August 5, 2011

First Day Jitters

I still can't believe today is the first day of school. My summer flew by. But I'm super excited to meet all my new kindergarten friends. The ones I met last night seem sweet. And I got to see my babies from last year! Its strange how much they've grown over the summer. I didn't recognize one of the girls. I looked at her in all seriousness, asked her name, she gave me her name, and I thought I don't have a "Brenna." And then it dawned on me. This sweet little girl was one of my babies last year. I got all excited and gave her a hug, and told her that she had gotten so much taller that I didn't recognize her (I felt bad that I didn't recognize her, but in my fairness I had her for one month at the end of the school year).

So I'm nervous about today. Hoping I don't mess anything up. I'm not good at public speaking. But I have all of my materials ready so it should go good! Wish me luck!

Sorry for the short post. Its 7:32 and I should be heading to school. :)

5 comments:

  1. I hope your first day went well! I won't meet my new kindergarteners until August 23, but I am excited! Good luck with the school year!

    Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It went well. Yesterday was basically a parent meeting. For the next 2 weeks I will only have about 5 kids each day. The 23rd is when I'll have all 21 kids in the class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, only 5 kids a day for 2 weeks. How many days do the kids come in small groups? If they come more than one day do they come with different kids each time or the same group? I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I am curious since I have always had them all from day one. If you don't have time to answer I totally understand!! I will get all 24 of mine on August 24. We have open house on the 23 when they get to come for a little bit in the morning with their parents to meet me and look around the classroom. I haven't even started on my classroom yet, but I will be there on Monday to start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the first two weeks they come one day a week. I have the same kids on the same day each week. For example, the kids that I have this Tuesday will come again next the following Tuesday. So they will come with the same group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I hope you have a great first two weeks with your small groups!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!!