Saturday, December 15, 2012

My thoughts.

Yesterday I saw a father come home and give his child a million kisses. When asked if he had missed him that day, he replied "I couldn't imagine had it been him." I am in shock of the things that happen in this nation everyday, but this was simply frightening. I couldn't imagine being a teacher in that school and watching the panic on my student's faces as we hid in horror of what might happen. I couldn't imagine being a parent that sent my child to that school that a grown man violated and killed 26 innocent children and adults. I couldn't imagine being the parent of any one of those 26 innocent victims and coming home to an empty room where they used to sleep and play. My heart is broken for those that are having to deal personally with this tragedy. What in the world could have been so bad for that grown man to kill so many people in a place where innocent children go everyday. I hope that those children who survived can find peace so that their learning is not stunted from this terrible act of violence. I hope that the teachers who survived can find perseverance in their hearts so that they will stay and teach and continue to make a difference in the lives of those children who were able to come home safely yesterday. May God be with you all and give you peace and hope for a better, safer tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!!