Saturday, March 16, 2013

My 5 for 5.

So technically it is Saturday morning, but since I've only had three hours of sleep last night (1 hour when I thought it was bedtime and 2 hours around 3 this morning) it still feels like Friday to me. So I'm linking up with this awesome fun linky.
1. I don't think I have posted much on here about my recent decision to lose weight. But back in January I decided I was tired of being overweight and that I wanted to lose 80 lbs before the boyfriend and I get married in Fall 2014. No not engaged.... but it's getting closer. I'll let you know when that changes, I PROMISE! So I decided to do something. I wanted to do something that wouldn't just be temporary, but instead be a life change. And I really feel like what I've got going is working. As of this week, I have lost 22 lbs. I am still having trouble seeing the difference, but people at work are stopping and telling me how much of a difference they see. Most of which, didn't even know that I was in the process. So they are like "Wow. You are losing a lot of weight." To be completely honest, this is one of my biggest motivators. I still have 60 lbs to go, but I know that if I keep working at it... I can do it.
P.S. Sorry the picture is bad, I took it with my phone after a workout.

2. So are you wondering why I only got three hours of sleep last night? No, I'm not sick. Thank God. Sadly, it wasn't because I got to go out and enjoy myself. No... it was because Miss Molly decided to have puppies.
I went to bed at 11 last night thinking I was done for the night. An hour later I woke up to screeching and heavy breathing. I couldn't figure it out. I decided to go into the living room where we keep our babies and see what was wrong. That is when I found a black little puppy in Miss Molly's kennel. She was having puppies. 9 hours later, she and all 8 of her puppies are doing well. They are currently feeding and Miss Molly is resting.

3. Tomorrow is St. Patty's Day and to celebrate we had a fun St. Patrick's day party yesterday. Some of the kids brought in  St. Patrick's Day/Irish inspired treats. They had deviled eggs, soda bread, Irish Potato Candy, cookies, cupcakes, and green popcicles. I did try the Irish Potato Candy and they were AMAZING! If it wasn't for my diet, I would have definitely had more!
If you have never had these... or (if your like me) even heard of these before, click on the picture to go find a recipe via allrecipes.com

4. We're gearing up for Easter next week! I set up my centers using Easter Baskets! I stole the idea from Reagan. I fell in love immediately, and I can not wait until the kids see them on Monday! I've got a lot of fun things planned and em excited to use my Easter Centers from last year. If your needing any centers, here are two that I posted last year. (Click on the pictures to go to my TPT store).


5. Okay, so like I said in number 1... I'm losing weight. One of the things I'm loving about this is my walks. I've been doing 2 mile walks at a nearby park after school. On Thursday it rained. :( I didn't get to do my walk. So I came on home and did this 2 mile walk. It is a WONDERFUL exercise and I would definitely recommend it for anyone wanting to work out but not able to find a nearby park. It works just about every muscle possible!

Okay so that's it for this week! How was your week? Go on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching and link up!





Text Box: September 2012

5 comments:

  1. Great job! I am on the same journey myself! It is so hard, but I have been working out 5 days a week and eating much healthier! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your weight loss and congrats on the puppies! I couldn't imagine helping a dog give birth to puppies! You rock!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the puppies! They look like they're pretty cute. My dog is named Molly too. :-)

    Erica
    Blooming In First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss AND the new puppies. How exciting for you! I wish you continued success!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I popped over from Doodle Bugs Friday Five and I'm so glad I did! I need to get on the health-track, too. I've been debating about posting about it a little bit on my blog. I'd love to cheer you on as you keep improving your health and fitness...it'll be a great motivator for me, too!! No more hiding behind the screen!! :)

    And, congrats on the pups!! The are adorable!!
    Amy
    Happy Teacher Heaven

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!!