Saturday, February 11, 2012

I'm back...with freebies!

Wow. So much has happened since the last time I posted. I don't even know where to begin. My father passed away in September, so I was out of school for about a week and a half while my students were just getting adjusted to kindergarten. Then in October I helped to plan my sisters wedding. November was super busy with family gatherings and Thanksgiving. Then in December, my mom got hospitalized and went into a very short (thank God) coma. She made it home the day before Christmas. So with all of that going on in my personal life and school being very hectic in my professional life, I haven't had much time to blog. But I hope that will change. Although, now I'm going through a health scare. They thought I just had arthritis (I'm 24, so this was enough on its own), but they ruled that out and now are checking for autoimmune diseases, such as lupus.

But even through all of the personal stuff, I have made time to read your blogs. Let me just tell you not only have you all been inspirational, but in crunch times you have been life savers. I have begun creating things and I will be both selling them on TPT and offering them here for free. So I hope that you can use some of the items.

The first one I have for you is a freebie! Because lets all admit, we LOVE free things! I will be using it this week during math in order to teach my kinders how to measure things using non-standard measurement tools. It is your basic recording sheet. The way I plan to use it is by setting up 9 measuring stations around the room with classroom items such as a pencil, stapler, index card, etc. The students will work in pairs to measure each object with unifix cubes. They will then record the number of unifix cubes they used to measure the object. I have tiered the worksheets that my high students can just record the number and my low students can color in the number of cubes it took to measure the object. I hope that you will find this freebie useful. Measuring With Cubes

The second freebie I have for you is part of my much larger Valentine's Day unit that I am selling on my TPT store. It is a Valentines Day spinner that you will need to print on cardstock, laminate, then cut out and attach a brad and a paperclip. Students can use this during math centers and will graph the hearts. If you like this activity, stop by my TPT store here .
Valentine's Day Spinner

I hope you enjoy today's freebies! If you take either one please leave me some love (aka comments) below!

2 comments:

  1. You have had a busy and emotional first half of the school year....I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. I have MS; feel free to email me if you ever need to chat!

    We are working on measuring in math--thank you for the activity!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend growing up got diagnosed with MS when she was 21. She has good and bad days, but is getting married on the 12th of May. I hope you have more good days than bad, I couldn't imagine having something as scary. I'm praying that I don't have lupus, or any other autoimmune disease. I'm glad you will be able to use the measurement activity!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!!